Business Development Specialist Internship
Process Focus. Excellence. Dynamic. Fluid. Fun. Evolutionary. Integrity. Openness. Teamwork.
Are you looking for a completely unique paid internship where you can truly put your communication skills to the test? If so, read on!
The Business Development Specialist Intern is responsible for creating and delivering active sales opportunities to Account Executives that are closable in 6-12 months. Through industry-specific tele-prospecting, this person is tasked with uncovering sales opportunities through discussions with solution decision makers at organizations. Their responsibility is to determine if an organization is a viable sales opportunity for Hyland products and then to appropriately transition that lead to the sales team to ensure a continuous pipeline of qualified sales opportunities.
What will your day look like?
- Generate qualified prospects within targeted accounts and execute multiple projects and/or calling campaigns simultaneously
- Initiate outbound cold calls for lead generation, likely up to 40 calls per day
- Follow-up on inbound leads from web inquiries, event attendees, email campaign clicks, and tradeshows
- Initiate outbound calls and emails to targeted accounts to generate attendance for Naviant-hosted events (Summit, webinars, lunch and learns, etc.)
- Perform basic research and navigate organizations to identify key contacts and titles within targeted accounts, and enter those contacts into the CRM
- Maintain purposeful, regular contact with identified prospects to add value and drive sale forward; regular contact includes emails, phone calls, LinkedIn engagement and other relevant activities
- Work with Account Executives to advance leads through the sales funnel
What will you bring to our team?
- Junior or Senior in College or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the principal duties of the job
- Prior experience in cold prospecting (calling and emails)
- Experience and knowledge of using LinkedIn and working in the technology field is beneficial, as well as, experience in how to research new prospect contacts online
- Self-motivated attitude, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Sharp, fast learner with a curiosity and aptitude for leading-edge technology
- Speak or write with ease, clarity and impact, using a communication style appropriate to the subject and audience
- Good at investigating situations or issues to get relevant information; adept at asking probing questions to successfully obtain quality information
- Ability to have confidence, establish a rapport and gain the trust of others when calling people that you are unfamiliar with
- Commitment to quality and exceeding expectations
- Ability to take rejection, adapt to different personalities with confidence daily
If you have any trouble viewing the form below, please access the application for employment via this link.