The Evolution to an Enterprise Solution – Aspirus’ Journey
The best minds, the best equipment, the best hearts. Aspirus’ passion for excellence has led them to the forefront of technology. The hospital uses technology to advance medicine not just in the 321-bed hospital, but throughout the region surrounding Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 6,000 employees, Aspirus serves people in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan through an extensive hospital and clinic network, home health & hospice care, pharmacies, critical care, medical goods, nursing homes, a philanthropic & research foundation and an affiliated physician network.
Aspirus originally sought out a document management solution in 2005 and implemented OnBase to satisfy the need for human resources policy management system. A new IT Applications Manager, with a fresh perspective, realized they were not using OnBase to its full potential and immediately started working with Naviant to implement the unlimited possibilities of OnBase as an enterprise solution.
As healthcare organizations strive to achieve a complete EMR and cut costs, OnBase makes it easy for IT to integrate the EMR with documents for a full patient picture. Because it’s an enterprise solution, OnBase requires fewer IT resources, encourages user adoption and lets IT focus on business problems, not software problems.
Enterprise solution deployed in these departments
- Emergency Department
- Health Information Management
- Human Resources
- Central Billing Office
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Health
- and even more
Key Business Objectives
- Eliminate paper and manual processes hospital wide
- Integrate with Epic and Lawson
- Maintian flexibility to start small and expand
- Ensure document management platform can scale to meet future demands
- Allow IT to focus on business problems, not software problems
- Solve clinical and business frustrations with a single enterprise solution
- Builds on success to foster end-user adoption
- Ability to manage entire RAC Audit process in easy-to-view executive dashboard