Annual ECM Leadership Summit
Monday & Tuesday October 24th & 25th, 2016
Monona Terrace | Madison, WI
Where ECM Leaders & Innovators Gather & Grow
We are excited to announce that Naviant’s 2016 ECM Leadership Summit will be held at Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic masterpiece, the Monona Terrace. Our annual Summit includes Keynote & Breakout Sessions on Monday (Day 1), Half-Day Training Sessions on Tuesday (Day 2), Fabulous Prizes, and an exclusive evening of Cocktails & Dinner overlooking Lake Monona.
Leadership Summit Overview
Naviant’s nationally-recognized, annual ECM Educational Leadership Summit brings together customers, executives, invited prospects, and Naviant resources to discuss industry trends, learn new ways to solve your business process challenges, and recognize how to best leverage current investments in ECM solutions and strategies. The Summit focuses on critical business issues, customer case studies, and focused educational sessions designed to bring increased value to your organization by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of your operations.
2016 Agenda & Session Overviews
2016 Summit Agenda includes detailed session overviews, complete agenda with timelines, session topics, half-day training overviews, and other details.
Summit Day One Overview
Breakout Session Descriptions
- Government Breakfast Session – Led by Hyland Software’s Government Solutions Manager, Kevin Flanagan, the discussion will focus on leveraging document management and the power of OnBase throughout all areas of your government agency. Attendees will have many opportunities to network with your Government industry OnBase peers, as well as learn more about these areas.
- Insurance Breakfast Session – Led by Hyland Software’s Insurance Solutions Director, Christian Jaynes, and Insurance Technology Guru, Darin Yeomans, the discussion will focus on best practices within the insurance industry while leveraging OnBase. What does a “Best-In-Class” Insurance company look like? From Claims to New Business and Underwriting, and to integrations with Policy Administration systems. How do you know if your organization is Best-in-Class? How do you stack up against your peers? Find out the answers to these questions and learn how “Best-In-Class” Insurance companies are using ECM to automate their processes to drive out costs and increase the bottom line. You will also have opportunities to network with your insurance industry OnBase peers.
- Taste of OnBase v16: Tea & Crumpets – Located in the heart of Madison, The Madison Tea Room & Garden welcomes all those who enjoy the art of taking afternoon tea. Join us this session to get a taste of what’s new in OnBase from savory new capture tools to sweet configuration and integration options. Sip on new and enhanced functionality within targeted industries and departmental solutions. Pretty floral bonnet optional.
- Taste of OnBase 101: Laying the Foundation of ECM – Frank Lloyd Wright was a modern architect who developed an organic and distinctly American style. Like Frank’s work, Hyland uses an organic approach to the development of OnBase. This session is designed to provide attendees new to ECM an outline sketch of the OnBase platform and capabilities, thus laying the foundation for the Art of the Possible. Learn about ECM and how OnBase handles the six core areas of focus: Capture, Manage, Access, Integrate, Measure & Store. After laying the foundation, attendees will learn about how OnBase can positively impact some specific challenges within their organization.
- Taste of Manage: Art & Architecture of Design – As Monet vs. Manet, or Lloyd Wright vs. Le Corbusier, there is understandable uncertainty regarding which is considered, or which aligns best with your utopian design. So parallel are the chronicles of Workflow vs. WorkView (Case Management). This session will help those who design and implement OnBase Manage solutions better understand the differences between a traditional workflow/BPM approach and a Case Management approach, as well as when to apply each. Manage the predictable and unpredictable by automating your structured processes and consolidating your unstructured information!
- Taste of Capture: A Farmers’ Market Sampling – Visit the Naviant Farmers’ Market for a sampling of the bountiful array of Capture capabilities within OnBase. Rather than fruits, vegetables and bakery items that will quickly spoil, experience the long-term freshness that can be achieved by leveraging ingestion productivities. Your corporate pallet will be enriched with this taste explosion – but remember, no biting!
- Taste of Access: Stroll Down State Street – A stroll down State Street will provide a diverse gateway to shopping, restaurants, bars, galleries, and events. Immerse yourself in the flavors of Access, and open the doors of OnBase to your employees. This session will introduce you to the many OnBase clients, search options, queries, and specialty integrations used to efficiently access your enterprise content. Go beyond Unity, and explore Outlook Integration, Office Business Application, Mobile Access, and Full-Text Search for Autonomy IDOL, just to name a few.
- Taste of Integration: Achieve a Higher Degree – Madison is home to many higher education institutes with diverse opportunities in a variety of disciplines. Within this session, you will advance your professional pedigree in the many areas of OnBase integration. Using case studies, we will explore Integration techniques such as Application Enabler, Enterprise Integration Server (EIS), and Application Programmer Interfaces (API), along with other purpose-built integrations developed by Hyland. Once your campus tour is completed, you will be well positioned to make an impact within your organization.
- Taste of Measure: Creating the Perfect Recipe – There are so many tasty data ingredients available in OnBase! How do you know which ones make the best pie charts, salad bar graphs, and pivot table casseroles? How can you combine them in the right amounts to make the perfect reporting meals? Colleen Alber of Hyland will be your chef at this session, exploring the pantry options including exotic new third party data imports. Prepackaged meals are also available in the Naviant Report Bundle for those busy executives on the go.
- Taste of Agenda Management: Discover the Possibilities – Join a live paperless exploration with Chuck Duchon, the Agenda Management guru from the OnBase Government team. Discover how OnBase can transform your pre-meeting, meeting, and post-meeting workload, as well as, streamline agenda creation and automate reviews and approvals. OnBase is one enterprise information platform that can handle your document management and enterprise content management needs.
Expert Stations (Taste Stations)
Back by popular demand, the hands-on Expert Stations will be hosted by Naviant, and provide the opportunity to have one-on-one discussions and demonstrations about some of the most popular business process or OnBase topics: Reporting Dashboards, Case Management, Mobile, ShareBase, Autonomy Idol, Premium Subscription, Perceptive Capture/Brainware, and Outlook Integration.
Naviant provides hosted roundtables during lunch on a variety of topics to promote networking amongst attendees and resident experts on the topic of interest: Government Vertical, Insurance Vertical, Manufacturing Vertical, Case Management, Integrations, Accounts Payable/HR, Workflow, OnBase 101/New to ECM, OnBase System Admin, and Intelligent Capture.
Executive Luncheon (Private Invite-Only Event)
By invitation only, this Executive Luncheon hosted during Naviant’s Annual ECM Leadership Summit is designated for executive and management-level attendees. Topics include: Personality & Performance: Do you have the right people? and Understanding OnBase for Executives.
Summit Day Two Overview
Attendees for Day Two of the Naviant Summit may choose from several half-day training course options.
Summit Details & Logistics
Who Should Attend?
The Summit is designed for Departmental Managers, Process Owners/Analysts, Corporate Executives, Finance Professionals, IT Professionals, and End-Users.
We are excited to provide the Day One educational forum to our customers, both existing and potential, free of charge. The half-day Training Courses available on Day Two are free of charge for Naviant tiered support customers, and are available to non-tiered support customers for $198 per attendee for the full day.
Please join us for cocktails and dinner at the iconic Monona Terrace. Frank Lloyd Wright originally proposed a design for a “dream civic center” in 1938 and his architectural vision for the City of Madison – a curvilinear gathering place that would link the shore of Lake Monona to the State Capitol – has now been realized. With interiors redesigned by Taliesin architect Tony Puttnam, Monona Terrace spans ninety feet out over shimmering waters, incorporating thoroughly modern technology and amenities with the architect´s signature organic design.
The evening entertainment of dueling pianos, by Piano Fondue, is not your typical dueling pianos show. Their all-request rock and roll show has the versatility of a DJ, the quick wit of a stand-up comedy act, and the entertainment value of a show band in one high-energy performance. With their unique blend of musical styles and extensive repertoire, the crowd gets a little bit of everything – country and current pop, oldies and Broadway classics.
This appreciation event is complimentary and open to all Summit Attendees.
Monona Terrace | One John Nolen Drive Madison, WI
Naviant’s 2016 ECM Leadership Summit will be held at the iconic Monona Terrace. Guests may park directly at the Monona Terrace and come up to the main level to be greeting for Naviant’s Summmit.
Hilton Madison Monona Terrace | 9 East Wilson Street Madison WI
There are nearly one thousand hotel rooms within walking distance of Monona Terrace, including 240 rooms at the adjacent Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. The Hilton features direct access to Monona Terrace in an enclosed, climate-controlled skywalk, and offers an additional 2,400 square feet of meeting space. Please make your reservations by mentioning Group Code NAVI to receive the discounted pricing of $159/night by September 23rd. The Hilton Madison has complimentary shuttle service to and from Dane County Regional Airport. The hours of operation are 6:30am – 10pm, 7 days a week.
Registration closed on Friday October 21st at Noon. Still interested in attending. You may register onsite at the event, but please note that the OnBase Workflow course is full, and there is a waiting list.
Past Summit Details
With over 150 customers and prospects in attendance, attendees enjoyed another extremely successful ECM educational experience and networking opportunity with other OnBase customer verticals. Visit this Past Summit Resource Request page to view a copy of the Past Naviant Summit Agenda & Session Overviews and request Presentation Handouts.