Access | Access to Important Content Quickly & Easily
ECM solutions are implemented for one main reason: to access important information quickly and easily. Every single person in your organization who needs access to content held in your ECM should be able to access it without difficulty, from anywhere. The user experience in an ideal ECM solution is:
- Personalized. Your ECM software must be intuitive; the interface should allow for personalization to accommodate each user’s preferred work style and most common tasks. When your users have the ability to personalize their individual interfaces, placing all important documents, forms, and business processes within easy reach, productivity and efficiency are heavily influenced.
- Integrated. Your users’ primary business application is often something other than the ECM system. When they need to access content from their ECM solution that is related to information in a different system, they should not have to switch between two applications. Ensure that your ECM solution extends to your other critical applications, such as: Outlook, SharePoint, Office, ERP systems, etc.
- Mobile. It has often been said that “mobile is the future.” Your ECM solution should make your content available from mobile and tablet devices. This has become a fundamental requirement, because having instant access to your information from anywhere has a profound impact on productivity. Processes should not have to wait for people to get back to their office.
- Offline. Oftentimes, certain positions in companies require employees to be road warriors, challenged by inconsistent and unreliable network access. Ensure that your ECM system can give them the ability to capture photos, retrieve, create, and update documents and forms offline. This will help eliminate the time and energy wasted on data entry when back in the office because all information entered will automatically synchronize when connected back to the network.
- Extended. A successful ECM solution should not only give you and your team access to all of your information, but your clients as well. Improve your customer service by allowing your customers to submit forms, track statuses, and access documents online. Not only does this provide your customers with information and accessibility when they need it, but it also eliminates time and money spent printing and mailing documents and forms.