Rockwell Automation SAP Accounts Payable Automation Case Study: Imaging and Workflow Solution
Rockwell Automation headquartered in Milwaukee WI is one of the world’s largest companies dedicated to industrial automation and information. With $6 billion in sales, 21,000 employees and locations in 80 countries, Rockwell wanted to implement an automated processing solution to drive increased productivity for the AP function, implement best in breed automation verses its home-grown legacy application, comply with tax regulations and facilitate a global shared service center without moving paper documents around the world. With 1,500,000 invoices processed per year and a $3 billion spend, this was a very complex and challenging project that they worked with Naviant on to implement a successful automated accounts payable / SAP integrated solution. This on-demand multi-media presentation is brought to you by The Accounts Payable Channel & OnBase by Hyland.
Accounts Payable (AP) Automation with Best-In-Class Integrations (SAP, OnBase, and Brainware): What to Expect?
In just 60 minutes, this multi-media video will explore the challenges and lessons learned by Rockwell Automation of implementing workflow and imaging solutions integrated and interfaced with SAP. The customer will take you through a timeline from vendor selection to implementation and you’ll hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
This SAP AP Automation case study will show how Rockwell Automation was able to leverage their existing investment in SAP along with OnBase and Brainware to:
- Replace the manual paper-based processes with a robust paperless solution
- Implement workflow automation to drive efficiency
- Leverage existing line of business systems to bring data and documents together
- Dramatically reduce invoice processing turnaround time to take advantage of trade discounts, avoid late payment fees and improve cash flow
- Lower invoice processing costs and evolve to world-class benchmarks with invoice automation
- Reduce lost invoices and duplicate payments
- Improve internal controls and regulatory compliance
- Increase visibility to workflow and outstanding liabilities
- Standardize AP processes globally and integrate a global deployment of SAP
- And, much more!
Paul Smith, CPA, AP Manager, Rockwell Automation
Paul manages the AP function for North American Finance Shared Services, including the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Dominican Republic. He also has global responsibility for the AP process as Rockwell deploys SAP throughout the organization. Paul has 19 years of experience with Rockwell Automation, including three years managing accounts payable and eight years overall in the Finance Shared Services organization. He has held a variety of positions in finance throughout the organization, and held a lead position for four years in Rockwell SAP deployment group in a Human Resources capacity.