ABBYY Timeline is a Process Intelligence platform that can give you full visibility and greater insight into your business-critical processes. Every organization has its fair share of essential data contained within its information systems. But for many, the tricky part is being able to understand this information and put it to work. This is where ABBYY Timeline comes into the picture.
Why ABBYY Timeline?
The ABBYY Timeline platform uses the data you already possess to build visual models so you can get a transparent, full view of your processes. These models use advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to accomplish a variety of goals, including:
- Analyze your end-to-end business operations and processes
- Identify bottlenecks and other inefficiencies
- Build organization-wide “best practices” for your processes
- Make suggestions for potential actions to resolve process problems
- Predict likely future outcomes and proactively plan and act accordingly
- Ensure compliance and eliminate risk
Delivering Results, and Fast!
NerlsonHall recently named ABBYY a leader in its NEAT vendor evaluation for Process Discovery and Mining. NelsonHall deemed “leader” status to mean “vendors that exhibit both a high ability relative to their peers to deliver immediate benefit and a high capability relative to their peers to meet client future requirements.” What pushed ABBYY ahead into leader status was its distinct ability to deliver immediate results and meet future client requirements.
NelsonHall Research Analyst and author of the report, Baily Kong, stated in a recent Business Wire article: “ABBYY Timeline offers a platform that is clearly designed with the business user in mind. Its enablement of business users to perform frictionless analyses, combined with ABBYY’s investments to integrate content and desktop technologies, positions it at the forefront of the emerging wave of process discovery and mining solutions.”
What is Process Intelligence?
What is Process Mining
Process Intelligence technology brings your data and business process management techniques together to increase process efficiency and ultimately push your business forward. We sometimes refer to process intelligence technology as process mining technology. While the two are similar, you can think of process intelligence technology as the next evolution of process mining technology. ABBYY Timeline, in particular, can be distinguished by its unique approach to helping you gather data across your existing solutions and tools. It then analyzes and processes the data to ultimately improve the business processes you use every day.
To accomplish all of this, ABBYY Timeline uses a unique patented architecture rather than the standard open-source code base that schema-based process mining technologies use. It also offers additional functionality like real-time monitoring and predictive analytics, which are incredibly beneficial to businesses in the short and long term.
How Process Intelligence Works via ABBYY Timeline
It’s easy to say that you want to improve your processes but truly accomplishing this ambition poses a greater challenge. Fortunately, ABBYY Timeline provides the tools to critically examine processes’ current state to build an achievable roadmap from point A to point B.
Let’s break down how these tools work together step by step to get results:
- Process Discovery: ABBYY Timeline uses advanced algorithms to extract your processes from wherever they may be in your IT systems. It then reads the timestamps that help to record each process event. Then, visually models the processes. With this visual representation at your fingertips, you can easily pick out any variations from the ideal process flow that might be slowing down the process. Who knows, Timeline might even find bottlenecks in places you would never have thought to look!
- Process Analysis: ABBYY Timeline can automatically make sense of all process-related data, including each step any employee or machine facilitates. It automatically organizes and visually depicts a full picture of your process from start to finish.
- Process Monitoring and Alerting: Timeline automatically monitors your process’ performance over time and sends alerts when processes need addressing. This feature provides excellent insights into how effective your process changes are.
- Process Prediction: When process mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence work together as a team, amazing things happen like predicting future process outcomes. This way, you’ll be able to act accordingly to make sure that your desired outcome unfolds smoothly.
What Process Intelligence Tools does ABBYY Timeline Use?
With ABBYY Timeline, you have access to enterprise-level technology, but with the added convenience of low-coding. It features more than 25 pre-built tools that are intuitive and easy to use. They allow you to quickly build complex queries and sophisticated analysis from the data you already have. Here’s a look into some of these best-practice tools:
- Path Analysis tools. ABBYY Timeline analyzes all process instances. This added measure allows you to detect those hiding-in-plain-sight execution patterns that may be able to help you identify behaviors that are either helpful or harmful to efficient operations.
- Workflow and Journey Mapping means that Timeline automatically analyzes processes that use queue-based routing of work items or people.
- Process Query lets you easily define complicated queries through a point-and-click configuration tool. This feature allows you to find process instances that match your query conditions with sub-second response time.
- Operational Dashboards allow users to easily define process monitoring dashboards to keep track of key process metrics and get alerts in the event of condition changes.
- Side-by-Side Comparison gives you an easy way to visualize and compare subsets of process instances that meet your specified conditions.
- Detailed Case Analysis tools can analyze every detail of a process, even if some of the steps take place on other systems. Timeline’s event pattern analysis can also identify subprocesses for even greater insight.
- Protocol Analysis allows you to specify the precise execution rules that you need the technology to follow. Then, the system presents all instances that go against those rules.
With Timeline, you get analytics without infrastructure. ABBYY Timeline runs on a cloud platform that automatically handles performance, scalability, security, availability, and all your compliance needs. All these perks also work to reduce your operational overhead. With ABBYY, you can trust that your solution will always be ready to deliver with the latest cutting-edge features. ABBYY ensures this by regularly releasing updates based on their latest innovations and industry best practices.
Process Intelligence Across Industries
ABBYY Timeline can provide significant value to organizations across industries, including:
- Accounts Payable: Did you know that 65% of invoices arrive via paper or emails which require printing? ABBYY is on a mission to change that and raise AP process IQ for greater efficiency.
- Insurance: For more on what Process Mining can do for Insurance, watch our free 25-minute webinar.
- RPA: Be sure to check out our recent blog post detailing the perfect pairing of RPA and Process Mining.
Process Intelligence - How to Avoid Failure in Your Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Project
Processes are critical if you want your growing business to stay organized and scale efficiently over time. Don’t let inefficient processes and unknown bottlenecks hold you back. ABBYY Timeline can provide your organization with all the tools you need to accelerate your digital transformation initiatives through sustainable, enterprise-wide process excellence.
To learn more about what Process Intelligence can do for your organization’s digital transformation journey, contact your Naviant account manager.