The first virtual Naviant Summit is now complete. Attendees gathered on our online event platform in record numbers to learn, share ideas, and unite as a community. And thanks to their enthusiasm, patience, and willingness to adapt and evolve with us, the event was a big success.
The 2020 virtual Naviant Summit had no shortage of people to connect with, solutions to explore, or new things to discover. Let’s dig into some of the highlights:
- 98% of Organizations are Pivoting Their Technology Strategies and Migrating to a Cloud Solution is at the Top
- Embracing Change and New Technology Seems Scary, but the Results Can Be SO Good
- Virtual Doesn’t Stop Us from Having a Great Time
1. Cloud Migration is a Strategic Imperative
One of the hottest topics at this year’s event was cloud migration. Specifically, why organizations need to consider migrating to the cloud sooner rather than later, and how.
In the presentation “Cloud as a Strategic Imperative,” we learned that 98% of organizations are either actively managing content in the cloud, pivoting initiatives, or actively researching this topic. And for a good reason. By 2025, predictions show the global datasphere will grow to 164 zettabytes, which is a whole lot of data. To adapt to this change and remain competitive, organizations must learn to handle such mass amounts of data by prioritizing a cloud-first approach.
How Does One Become “Cloud-First”?
- Learn from the lessons of those who’ve migrated before you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and research other organizations’ experiences who have successfully navigated the cloud migration journey.
- Be Cloud Smart. Cloud Smart refers to understanding the cost, productivity, reliability, and security associated with the Hyland Cloud. Being aware of these factors will help you determine exactly what this product can do for your organization now and into the future.
- Create a roadmap that is unique to your organization that includes all your solutions. What might be the best practice for another organization in your industry might not be right for you. This is a great opportunity to explore what your ecosystem looks like, which applications are you looking to migrate, whether you’re aiming to implement a public cloud for some of them and a private cloud for others, what to prioritize, and other critical questions.
For more information on how and why to migrate to the Hyland Cloud, feel free to check out our recent blog post on this topic. (Want to watch the recording of this presentation and others? Follow the instructions found in the “Important Reminders” section at the end of this article.)
2. Embrace Change and Technology
It’s no secret. At Naviant, we’re all about transforming organizations’ productivity and ability to provide excellent customer service for a long time, including our own. With all the new business challenges worldwide, this concept of innovation and digital transformation has become a higher priority than ever. Of course, by its virtual nature, the 2020 Naviant Summit itself was a product of this accelerated push to embrace technology. But this theme also carried over to many of the event’s presentations, including but not limited to:
- “Remote Workforce Optimization” highlighted Hyland tools that effectively keep your digital workforce connected and productive in this new remote world.
- “Turn Your Transformation Strategy into a Reality” provided a guide on how to get your digital transformation journey off the ground running. We learned how to build a process-first solution, how to build the business case for a successful transformation, what some of the top tools are to achieve this, and more. Bonus: If you haven’t already, check out our “Digital Transformation Quiz” to get a head start.
- “Accelerate Processes and Improve Efficiency with Kryon RPA” detailed the ways Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can help organizations accelerate improvements to business efficiency and accuracy. For more information on how RPA is helping organizations, especially in the face of challenge, don’t miss our recent blog post on this very topic.
3. Distance Can’t Hinder a Great Time
We prefer to meet in person, but we’re thrilled to have been able to offer such a valuable virtual experience to attendees. One of the most valuable benefits of hosting a conference virtually is the ability to welcome more guests from across the nation who might’ve otherwise been unable to attend. This meant we were able to connect with more people than ever. One attendee said it best:
“What a pleasantly surprising experience attending virtually. I’m impressed with Naviant’s ability to pivot and put on a great summit. The navigation and virtual tools were excellent and intuitive. The excitement and energy from the speakers was spot on. Great job Naviant!!!” -2020 Naviant Summit Attendee
In each presentation, the chat box was filled with comments and attendees sharing ideas with other attendees, as well as lively emojis when a great joke was cracked. The Q&A section and the Poll feature also helped to virtually engage the audience along the way.
Here’s a peek at what it looked like to attend virtually.
1:1 Video Networking
If you want to view any of the event’s presentations, we have you covered. You can view the recordings of all the presentations on the event platform until October 15th if you registered for the event. If you did not register, but still want access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Naviant Summit OnBase Offers
Feel free to view and download the complete list of Naviant Summit Discounts. Remember, these discounts do not apply to maintenance.
Attendees, we hope you learned as much as we did and had fun. We can’t wait to meet again at the 2021 Naviant Summit as we work toward the goal of improving your organization’s efficiency for continued success.